The cultural development fund announces the opening of applying in the 26th Aswan international sculpture symposium -held in Aswan city- from November 1th to December 10th, 2021.
- The interested artists should introduce a new vision within the main Following theme:
"Since its beginning, the art of sculpture was too much related to
Figures, it is strongly appears either directly or indirectly in the
Formation of the art work, depending on artist's technique and
vision, But the influence and content remain visible in the piece
- send 3 proposals on : email@example.com
The artist should bring his own tools including grinders (small and big machines).
The artist should be available throughout the whole duration of the Symposium unless there is a previous agreement states otherwise.
Participants will have the chance to show their works in an auditorium equipped with slide and video projectors.
All works executed at the Symposium are considered a property of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
C.V. in English (One page)
Photos of 3 models/sketches of suggesting sculptures (3 points of view)
Photos of 5 previous sculptures in the same material (granite).
The description of the project (Titles, Dimensions)
Recent personal photo.
The results of the selections will be published at the website of the symposium on the http://www.aiss.gov.eg/
The Cultural Development Fund provides the following:
- International flight ticket (from the Capital) and domestic transportation (All travel tickets are reserved and paid by the Culture Development Fund).
- Full board accommodation in 4 stars Hotel -single room- (breakfast-lunch-dinner). Any additional personal expenses will be covered by the artist.
- The participant will be paid 22 000 Egyptian pounds as pocket money for the whole period of the Symposium (including taxes).
- Arrange cultural visits during the period of the symposium.
- The Symposium will supply:
- Lifting and Moving machines.
- Steel traditional chisels (vidia not included).
- Diamond cutting disks.
- An assistant for every participant (8 hours per day).
- The participant is kindly requested to order in advance the stone measurements (height*width*depth) and colors (sizes are limited in black granite, usually the Symposium provides the participant one block of red Granite 10 tons weight).